A MOOC to explain MOOCs

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The MOOC Shop by Flickr user
Alan Levine (CC BY 2.0)
I recently read a ProfHacker post, discussing a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) about MOOCs that was being launched by Hybrid Pedagogy.  The goal of the project, which will only last 6 days, is to examine the pedagogical and institutional implications of these new courses that are emerging everywhere.

This was apt timing, I had just returned from a two-day retreat with the Curriculum team I am a part of, and we had been discussing MOOCs, and how we might implement them in some of our programs.

So I’ve signed up and I look forward to learning more about this emerging instructional model.


I'll try and post my reflections each day, so make sure and come back!

If you're want to learn more about the project and how you can join in, check out the original MOOC MOOC announcement from Hybrid Pedagogy.

0 comments: